Buying and selling a home in Arizona, at first glance, can be daunting prospects especially to the uninitiated. That said, you don’t need to worry. I’m here to help make the home buying and selling processes easier to understand. Let’s get started.
How to buy a home in Arizona
Searching for a home, making an offer, and successfully purchasing a home should be a positive experience. To achieve that end goal, I’ve prepared a checklist. It both outlines the whole home buying process and tells you all about the necessary steps you need to take.
The home buying checklist
- Determine the home you need and how much you can afford.
- Examine your credit report and settle any disputes.
- Improve your credit score as needed.
- Shop for a mortgage and get pre-approved.
(Read more about the different types of mortgages here.)
- Hire a local real estate specialist.
- Start your home search (tour neighborhoods, visit open houses, etc.)
- Make an offer and negotiate if needed.
(These tips will make your offer stand out.)
- Get the home inspected and appraised by licensed professionals. Renegotiate as needed.
- Start the closing process
(This article will help you understand the closing process.)
- Fulfill your obligations as a buyer before closing day.
(Here are 6 things you need to do before closing.)
- Close the sale.
When is the best time to buy a home?
Before you buy a home, it’s always recommended to examine the local economic and market factors. For instance, buyer activity in the Greater Phoenix area usually heats up in spring or summer. That said, the most important factor to consider is your readiness. The best time to buy is when you are ready in all aspects.
As an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®), I can help you explore homes for sale in Cave Creek, AZ and homes for sale in Desert Hills, AZ. Get in touch with me here to learn more.
How to sell a home in Arizona
Selling your home marks a new chapter in your life. Because there are many factors to consider before putting the property up for sale, the process can seem intimidating at first glance. The following steps will help you sell your Arizona home fast and for a good price.
The home selling checklist
- Hire a local real estate agent.
- Have your home appraised by a licensed professional.
- Make repairs accordingly. If you also want to increase the value of your home, consider the following renovations.
- Improve curb appeal.
- Clean and de-clutter the home.
- Stage the home.
(According to this 2017 report, home staging can result to higher offers and less time spent in the market.)
- Upload the property listing, complete with great photos and an informative yet creative write-up.
(Make your listing stand out with these tips.)
- Have your realtor host open houses and tours.
- Determine the best offer. Renegotiate as needed.
- Start the closing process.
- Fulfill your obligations as a home seller.
(For instance, your disclosure requirements.)
- Close the sale.
(Read this to help you prepare for the big day.)
When is the best time to sell a home?
Timing your sale is crucial for success. Take a look at market trends (current and forecasted), the season, and how the economy’s doing before you put your property up for sale. Your own readiness must be considered as well.
Home buying and selling in Arizona made easy
Start discovering your real estate opportunities in and around North Phoenix. Get in touch with me today!