State capital. Economic center. Tourist destination. Melting pot. One of the most coveted places to live in the entire country.
Phoenix is all these and more.
With 1.62 million residents as of 2017, Phoenix has grown into the fifth most populous city in the United States. Its appeal is undeniable, not to mention multi-faceted:
- Living here is more affordable than living in neighboring West Coast metros like Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas.
- The thriving local economy accommodates everything from promising startups to globally influential Fortune 500 enterprises.
- Its cultural and natural attractions make adventure and excitement integral to the local lifestyle.
- Exceptional city planning since the city’s earliest days has resulted in an impressive grid layout that makes local streets easy to navigate.
- Phoenix has excellent accessibility via the Interstate 10 and 17, US Route 60, and a number of Arizona State Route highways. The Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport also accommodates international flights while the nearby Phoenix-Mesa Gateway serves domestic passengers.
- The Greater Phoenix area lives up to its billing as “the Valley of the Sun” with bright and sunny weather on an average of 299 days per year.
- Phoenix is a great place for real estate investments in the form of rental and vacation properties. Visits from around 20 million tourists every year make this possible.
While this city is clearly on the path toward a bright future, Phoenix also boasts of a rich history. Like the rest of Arizona, it was first home to Native American civilizations including the O’odham, Sobaipuri, and Hohokam. In the early 19th century, this territory became part of the Mexican state of Sonora. It was then turned over to the United States in 1848 under the terms of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. From there, the Valley of the Sun evolved into the flourishing urban desert landscape that we know and love today.
Phoenix, AZ real estate and property types
Phoenix offers many real estate opportunities to complement the diverse needs of home buyers and property investors.
Single-family homes come in a variety of styles that speak volumes about the city’s historic and multicultural character. Ranch-style and Craftsman bungalow homes abound, mixed with Spanish-influenced houses flaunting distinctive Mediterranean Revival, Pueblo Revival, and Spanish Mission designs.
More recent architectural styles include Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern. Condominium and townhouse complexes in the Downtown and Midtown commercial districts showcase similar modern influences.
Notable neighborhoods around Downtown Phoenix include historic Coronado, bike-friendly Grand Avenue, the walkable art district of Roosevelt Row, and the highly coveted Arcadia neighborhood, which bridges the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Living in Phoenix, AZ
There is so much to appreciate about the Valley of the Sun. Three of its most prominent claims to fame are:
- Championship-caliber golf everywhere
If you live and breathe golf, this city is for you. There are more than 200 unique golf courses spread across the Greater Phoenix area.
- There’s the Grand Canyon and many more outdoor adventures
With approximately 200 parks, 30,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails, Phoenix is every outdoorsman’s dream town. The world-famous Grand Canyon National Park is near enough for a memorable weekend getaway.
- An emerging foodie oasis in the heart of the desert
Headlining the Phoenix food scene are authentic Mexican eateries and cowboy cookouts which reflect the area’s rich heritage. With the city’s rapid growth in recent years, local palates are welcoming a more eclectic range of flavors through the years. Today, you can find all-American breakfast joints, hipster dives with designer brews and cocktails, creative dining stops like Chinese-Mex fusion outlets, and a growing selection of restaurants bannered by top culinary masterminds like Stephen Jones, Silvana Salcido Esparza, Kevin Binkley, and Tamara Stanger.
Explore a wide range of houses for sale in Phoenix, Arizona with Josie McCarthy
If you’re excited to find your home in the Valley of the Sun, contact me, Josie M. McCarthy, today. Call 480-297-3922 or email josie(at)josiemmcarthy(dotted)com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Available Properties in North Phoenix
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.